Tuesday, February 10, 2015

February Newsletter

Oh my, I am so late!  So sorry, but this has been a busy start of the month.  Let me tell you what has been going on!  First, I went to Atlanta, Georgia on January 30.  I was brought there by a colleague and friend who wanted me to help her prepare her and her dog for their first dog show and be there with them!  What an honor!  Partly because she is a fantastic trainer and behavior consultant, but also because she had the trust and confidence in me to want me to be there with them.  I thoroughly enjoyed being their for Glaukos the Gargoyle's first show and I hope to go back and see them again next year!

Anna, Glaukos and I
Glaukos enjoys a good book;)
                         
I have also been busy working with a new day training client dog.  In case you are wondering, In Home Day Training is a service I offer where I come to your home and train the dog, in many cases when the owner's are at work, and then meet with you weekly to go over what we have been working on.  A great way to kick start your dog or puppies training!

Finally, I am also preparing my own puppy, Opie for showing.  Opie is not even a year old, has only been to three shows getting reserve once and a Best of Winners win with a 4 point major!  This year I plan to have him in the ring quite a bit and we are looking forward to that!

Opie wins a 4 point major!


DOG OF THE MONTH
Gus and Bobo are only 4 1/2 months old but I have been working with them almost since they came to their new home.  It is a dog trainer's dream when someone calls and tells you from the beginning that they want to work with you and do everything they can to help their puppies grow up to be wonderful companions, who are well socialized, can go places, enjoy doing things, have good manners and be amazing members of the family.  This is what Gus and Bobo's dads, Tom and Chad did.  They are in group classes already and we work with them privately regularly for even more one on one training.  I am so proud of this amazing family and team!
BoBo and Gus
UPCOMING CLASSES
I will be on vacation for two weeks in March (woo hoo!) so there will be a period when there are no classes going on.  Now you know why!

Positive Training for Show Dogs Online Course, starts March 23

Conformation Ring Handling class, San Leandro, Tuesdays, 7-7:30pm, 4 weeks, $40, 3/24/15
Conformation Ring Handling class, San Leandro, Wednesdays, 12-12:30pm, 4 weeks, 4/1/15

Puppy Preschool, San Leandro, Thursdays, 6-6:50pm, 6 weeks, $165, 3/26/15

OUR NEW SENIOR DOG CLASS!
Old Dogs, New Tricks, Pleasanton, Fridays, 6-6:50pm, 4 weeks, $110, 3/27/15