Friday, June 3, 2011

June Newsletter

Well, this doesn't feel like June!  Having to worry about possibly postponing the start of class due to rain, doesn't seem like something I should have to worry about in June, but it's a reality right now!  I can't figure out this weather.  Classes may start late, but they will go on!

I also wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your patience and understanding this past month with cancelled classes, etc.  I lost my mother in law, and just three days later my Sensei, my Pekingese Fooey.  Both were sudden, unexpected and horrible losses for which I am still feeling a huge amount of sadness and pain.  Again, I thank you all for understanding when I couldn't be there or when I wasn't quite myself.

Fooey












DOG OF THE MONTH
The Jensen Dogs
 The Jensens have been attending classes with Braveheart since last year and have had their wonderful crew of dogs in a variety of classes including Puppy Preschool, Beginning Obedience/Manners, Fun with Scentwork, Intermediate Obedience, Rally and Canine Good Citizen!  Mac (Bulldog) and Damian (Golden Retriever) are pictured above at our Easter egg hunt, but their clan also includes Scooby (mixed breed), Snookie (Bulldog) and Martini (French Bulldog).  I hope I am not forgetting anyone!  Mac and Snookie are competing in Rally.  Damian has his CGC and is a Paws to Read dog!  We love these guys!

Upcoming Classes
Please contact me if you are interested in joining any of these classes!
Rally On!, San Leandro, Wednesdays, 7:30-8:45pm, June 15, $150
Fun with Scentwork, Dublin, Thursdays, 7:00-8:30pm, June 16, $150
Confidence Building for Marshmallows, Dublin, Thursdays, 6-7pm, June 16, $150
Three's Company, San Leandro, Tuesdays, 6:00-6:50pm, June 21, $200

Fundraiser for Military Dogs
Dublin Creek Kennel is doing a fundraiser to raise money for http://www.supportmilitaryworkingdogs.org/This wonderful organization raises money to purchase cooling vests for the military dogs. Some of these dogs work in 100+ degree weather.  Cooling vests and doggles make their jobs safer and easier for them.  Braveheart will have a booth as well as many other dog businesses.  The fundraiser will be held on July 2 from 11:30 to 4:00pm.  Please come by and check it out!

Positive Training for Show Dogs Seminar
I will be doing a seminar on Positive Training for Show Dogs in Chico, California at the Canine Connection.