Saturday, January 30, 2010

Braveheart Agility Classes

I wanted to give everyone an update and heads up about the recreational agility classes that I offer on Saturdays in Castro Valley.  As some of you know, I had decided to discontinue offering the agility classes.  There are a few reasons for this.  The main reason is that the agility equipment is heavy and awkward and I have ongoing problems with my back.  Teaching four classes in a row in addition to taking out, setting up, moving, breaking down and putting away the agility equipment has made Saturdays very difficult for me.  Typically, my back will hurt for at least a day after this.  It's just too much.  It makes me very sad because I know that people are upset with this decision.  I don't want to take away a class that people enjoy, but I do need to protect my body and my ability to continue working. 

Right now, I am tossing around some ideas in my head to see if I can figure out a way to continue to offer the agility classes.  One of those options is to only offer one agility class (either Agility 1 or Agility 2) and alternate back and forth each session between the two.  This would cut my classes down to 3 rather than 4 which would help.  Another option is to ask students to come early and stay to help Kathy and I with equipment.  This is standard in most agility classes, I have just never done it.  So, I may give it a shot this way and see how it works out.

Just so everyone knows we do have an Agility 1 AND an Agility 2 class starting in Castro Valley on February 27 which we WILL be offering.  Those classes have not and will not be cancelled, they will run as planned on schedule. 

I am sorry for any upset this has caused.  I am trying to figure out a way to keep everyone happy while still keeping myself safe.

Thank you for your understanding.